The Long Island Crisis Center in Bellmore, NY offers a variety of services by trained counselors including crisis counseling, referrals, suicide outreach calls, and more. The 24/7 Middle Earth Hotline is 516-679-1111.
Not comfortable with speaking on the phone? The Long Island Crisis Center also offers free crisis counseling on an internet chat for Long Island residents 7 days a week from 11:00am-11:00pm. You can reach out from a computer or mobile device at longislandcrisiscenter.org/get-help-now/.
Crisis Text Line also offers free 24/7 crisis support for anyone living in the US. By texting 741741 you will be connected to a trained crisis counselor.
- For LGBTQ Youth:
- Pride For Youth is a division of the Long Island Crisis Center located in Bellmore, NY. They offer a variety of services and support including health screenings, education, groups, and more (specific age restrictions and details can be found on their website or by calling 516-679-9000). The Middle Earth Hotline 516-679-1111 is available 24/7.
- The Trevor Project offers crisis intervention and suicide prevention for LGBTQ youth, along with a multitude of resources on their website.
- 24/7 TrevorLifelife: 1-866-488-7386
- Trevor Chat: 7 days/week from 3:00pm-10:00pm
- TrevorText: Text “Trevor” to 1-202-304-1200. Standard text messaging rates apply. Monday-Friday 3:00pm-10:00pm.
- For Veterans:
- Call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1 to reach Veterans Crisis Line. They also have a 24/7 chat available.
- For Sexual Assault Victims:
- RAINN’s National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (1-800-656-4673)
You are never alone. There is always someone out there to listen and care. Never hesitate to reach out for the support you deserve.