Anyone can be a victim of domestic violence no matter their gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation. Even relationships that once started out as loving and fulfilling can become controlling and abusive.
The Safe Center is a domestic violence resource located here on Long Island, NY in Bethpage, Nassau County. They offer a variety of services from housing, legal advocacy, crisis intervention, emergency counseling, and more in order to ensure the safety of those they are working with. If you feel trapped, scared, alone, or think you may be experiencing dating violence, The Safe Center can help. Trained and specialized counselors offer safety planning in order to help you get out safely. The Safe Center’s Domestic Violence services are all free and confidential.
- Call their 24/7 Domestic Violence Hotline: 516-542-0404
There is support, there is help, and it is never your fault. You can also check out their website (which has a safety exit feature) at: thesafecenterli.org
- 24/7 National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
- National Coalition of Domestic Violence– Personalized Safety Plan
- Text “loveis” without the quotes to 22522
- Call a Peer Advocate at 1-866-331-9474
- Chat on the top right corner of their website
- The Aspire News App allows victims of domestic violence to call for help at the touch of a button and has a list of a multitude of resources- all while being disguised as a news app to hide it from the abuser. It is available for free download on iphones and androids.